How Can You Get a Special Visa for Australia?

People willing to travel to foreign countries are generally required to have their passport and the visa permit for living in that country for a certain period of time. However, if you are visiting Australia for some specific purpose and the visit is a short one, you can opt for having an ETAS document if you currently do not have a visa permit to stay in the country. The details of the system are discussed below:

What is it?

ETAS or Electronic Travel Authorization System is a special document issued by the Electronic Travel Authority of Australia intended for people who do not have a valid visa to visit Australia. The document, once confirmed by the concerned authority, will be automatically linked to the existing passport of the visa

Who needs it?

People who are willing to visit Australia and stay there for not more than 3 months are advised to get an AU visa prior to their coming into the country. In general, citizens of the following nations are considered to be eligible for applying for this special visa permit:

  • Brunei – Darussalam
  • Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
  • Japan
  • Malaysia
  • Singapore
  • Korea
  • Rep of the United States (South)

People who were formerly thwarted from entering Australia for some legal issues are advised to visit the Australian embassy of their area of residence in order to get a new permit, if visa

How to get it

People willing to get an ETAS document are required to make an online application before their intended visit to Australia. Multiple online service providers are there who can help them in the entire procedure. It will take 3 or 4 days or 1-week maximum to get the confirmation of the application.

Visit relevant websites to get more details.